BankLink Product Overview
BankLink is communications gateway software that connects leased-line ATMS to TCP/IP networks
An important part of any customer-based expansion or controlled technology migration process is managing communications risks such as transaction failures, protocol issues and service disruptions for end-customers. A reliable communications gateway product that can seamlessly connect TCP/IP, SNA, and other leased-line ATMs to any transaction host/switch and EFT network should be a part of the overall solution.
BankLink is a communications gateway software solution that offers protocol conversion, transaction aggregation, multiple host support and extensive network management capabilities.
Providing a TCP/IP interface to a large suite of legacy protocols that are used on ATM networks, such as SNA/SDLC, X.25, and 3270 BSC, BankLink resolves issues relating to connectivity of leased-line ATMs and legacy network protocols to TCP/IP networks, transaction hosts/switches, and third-party EFT processors.
Independent ATM deployers, Banks, Credit Unions, Transaction Processors, and Financial Service Providers use BankLink communications gateway software to:
- Manage the communications risks associated with technology upgrades, server migrations, customer base expansion and integration of diverse ATMs
- Reduce project upgrade costs by connecting a new transaction switch to existing non-TCP/IP ATMs
- Reduce project upgrade costs by connecting new TCP/IP based ATMs to existing legacy transaction switches
- Allow for gradual migration off SNA networks by connecting new TCP/IP based ATMs to existing SNA, SDLC, DLC, and X.25 QLLC transaction switches
- Enable migration to a more cost-effective network infrastructure by replacing an X.25, SNA, BSC, NCR X3.28, or other network infrastructure with a TCP/IP or GPRS network
- Eliminate per transaction charges by replacing telecommunications provided X.25 networks such as the Datapac 3201 service
- Allow retention of existing ATMs as the telecommunications providers close down their X.25 networks
- Provide ATM connectivity over a GPRS network as a low cost network alternative or a back-up network in case of primary network failure
BankLink deployment architecture for leased line ATMs
“INETCO's BankLink solution and expertise were critical in allowing us to provide the server migration in the shortest amount of time and in the least disruptive manner possible. BankLink let us concentrate completely on the server migration, eliminating any need for us to deal with connectivity issues. With the products and support INETCO provides, we're confident that we have the right partner to repeat this success with other Continuum customers.”
Juan-Pablo Gonzalez, Director General
Stratus Technologies Mexico, S.A. De C.V.