INETCO Insight Transaction Monitoring & Application Performance Management Webinars
Welcome to INETCO's APM webinar library
Learn more about INETCO's upcoming application performance monitoring (APM) webinars, or browse our extensive webinar library to learn at your own leisure!
INETCO Insight’s recorded APM and transaction monitoring webinars are available on-demand. You can view pre-recorded webcasts by the following topics:
- Featured INETCO Insight Webinar
- Featured INETCO NetStream webinar
- IT Operations Analytics (ITOA) and Big Data
- Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Software for IT Operations
- Business Transaction Management (BTM) for payment processing, ATM and multi-channel banking environments
INETCO Insight On-Demand Webinars by Topic
Featured INETCO Insight Webinar
NCR and INETCO present "Tips for Managing Performance in ATM and Multichannel Banking Environments" - A BAI Banking Strategies Webcast (November 2013)
Listen to industry experts as they provide tips for managing performance and consumer service across your ATM and multichannel banking environment. Key takeaways include:
- Examine challenges of managing performance and consumer service across complex multichannel networks
- Learn tips to improve device management, transaction management and cash optimization in ATM and multichannel banking environments
- Develop a better understanding of synergies that come from following a holistic enterprise approach
Featured INETCO NetStream webinar
INETCO NetStream is a network-based transaction data forwarding application for application support teams, IT operations and security analysts who need a fast, consistent way to analyze full transaction event data in machine data analysis platforms such as Splunk Enterprise. Unlike many log files and scripts, INETCO NetStream captures full application message payload, response/request timings and network addresses for each transaction. This means you can easily filter the exact data you need to analyze every transaction path, every user interaction and every transaction anomaly - without the need for additional scripting or log configuration.
Don’t forget to sign up for the INETCO NetStream beta program!
Your feedback is the key to our building an amazing product. If you would like to help us test the INETCO NetStream application, please take a moment to sign up for our beta program.
IT Operations Analytics (ITOA) and Big Data
The Quest for Better Operational Intelligence: Three Key Requirements for IT Operations Analytics (August 2013)
Watch this webcast and uncover the opportunities provided by IT Operations Analytics (ITOA) for your organization. Learn answers to questions such as:
- What are the three key requirements for IT Operations Analytics?
- How do you bridge existing IT management systems to IT Operations Analytics?
- How does INETCO Insight deliver on emerging ITOA requirements?
Dr. Loki Jorgenson, an INETCO consultant and advisor, will discuss:
- How increasing diversity, abstraction and change compound the difficulty of instrumenting and performance monitoring within emerging distributed application environments
- The various IT teams and how they are affected
- Why end-to-end visibility and transaction-derived metrics are increasingly important across all IT teams
Introducing the Unified Transaction Model – Making sense of big transaction data and multi-hop transaction complexity (March 2012)
Loki Jorgenson, Ph.D., Chief Scientist at INETCO addresses the following questions:
- What is the Unified Transaction Model?
- Why should I care about UTM?
- How can it make managing a high volume transaction environment or multi-application environment easier?
Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Software for IT Operations
This webinar features guest speaker Bernd Harzog, Analyst for Performance and Capacity Management and IT as a Service (Private Cloud) at The Virtualization Practice, discussing best practices when it comes to monitoring distributed applications within your rapidly changing data center landscape.
Complementary "Why Gartner's 5 Dimensions of APM are Increasingly Irrelevant to You" Whitepaper by Bernd Harzog.
Download the Whitepaper Now!
Watch this demonstration of INETCO Insight transaction-centric application performance monitoring software, and learn about 5 Best Practices when it comes to monitoring the performance of consumer transactions, self-service devices and third party applications within multi-channel retail banking environments.
INETCO Insight 5.2 builds on the core INETCO Insight 5 capabilities with the addition of an analytics service that tracks transaction usage and performance characteristics for individual objects (e.g. users, devices, hosts) and reports this data through both the user interface and an API. Included in this release:
- A dashboard object view component to provide IT Operations teams with the framework needed to access actionable transaction statistics, such as how many times a particular user has experienced a transaction decline.
- An application programming interface (API) that provides OEM integration partners with a way to stream transaction-based data captured by INETCO Insight to any management system console, leveraging flexible, network-based INETCO Insight collectors that can run in virtual, Cloud and SaaS environments.
- A field programmable interface that enables creation of customized statistics specific to customer’s application environments.
Business Transaction Management (BTM) for payment processing, ATM and multi-channel banking environments
Join our panel of NCR and INETCO industry experts discussing how the right combination of self-service device management, cash management and end-to-end transaction monitoring enables IT and channel operations teams to embrace enterprise-wide performance awareness and take a more efficient, cost effective approach to managing their multi-channel banking environments.
Self-service Evolution or Die: 5 Best Practices for Monitoring Multi-channel Retail Banking Environments (Feburary 2013)
Watch this webinar hosted by INETCO that will discuss:
- The evolution of self-service banking functionality
- New challenges for IT operations and channel delivery teams
- Emerging performance management and monitoring requirements
- 5 “Best Practices” around monitoring multi-channel banking environments
Lacking the right application performance management tools will reduce your responsiveness to service level degradation and poor transaction performance, especially when many of your critical security and service applications reside in SaaS, virtual and Cloud-based environments. Learn about:
- The impact of the “exploding” transaction switch on IT Operations teams
- Best practices around isolating service and performance issues on multi-hop transaction paths
- How transaction-based application performance monitoring solutions can help you “virtualize” with confidence
Thinking Beyond the ATM – How End-to-End Transaction Visibility Improves the Consumer Experience (June 2012)
Join NCR and INETCO as they discuss:
- The growing motivation behind delivering an exceptional consumer banking experience
- Emerging challenges faced by ATM and IT operations teams when it comes to delivering a consistent consumer banking experience within an ATM network
- How to build out a performance management strategy that combines ATM performance metrics, transaction response times and real-time analytics on the consumer experience
Listen to Kin Lee-Yow, Director of Technology Infrastructure for Moneris Solutions, present a case study on transaction monitoring and the importance of knowing how POS, ATM or other self-service payment applications are performing in the eyes of the end customer.
“The depth of real-time transaction intelligence will help eliminate the hours spent troubleshooting and piecing together fragmented information gathered from our in-bound customer calls, deep dive monitoring tools, command line traces, and transaction logs.”
Larry Fitch, Operations Manager for the jhaPassPort
EFT Solutions Group