INETCO Insight Transaction Monitoring & Application Performance Management Webinars
Welcome to INETCO's APM webinar library
Learn more about INETCO's upcoming application performance monitoring (APM) webinars, or browse our extensive webinar library to learn at your own leisure!
INETCO Insight’s recorded APM and transaction monitoring webinars are available on-demand. You can view pre-recorded webcasts by the following topics:
- INETCO Insight Product Overview
- Managing Transaction Complexities in ATM, Card Network & Payment Processing Environments
- Thought Leadership 2012 Series
- Business Transaction Management (BTM) Technology Explained
- AMQP Explained
- Monitoring Mobile, Cloud-based Applications & Alternative Payment Applications
- Managing the End-To-End Payments Transaction Lifecycle Path
- Optimizing the Performance of Your Transaction Environment
- Monitoring the End-Customer Experience
- Partner Webinars
INETCO Insight On-Demand Webinars by Topic
INETCO Insight Product Overview
Watch this demonstration of INETCO Insight transaction-centric application performance monitoring software, and learn about 5 Best Practices when it comes to monitoring the performance of consumer transactions, self-service devices and third party applications within multi-channel retail banking environments.
INETCO Insight 5.2 builds on the core INETCO Insight 5 capabilities with the addition of an analytics service that tracks transaction usage and performance characteristics for individual objects (e.g. users, devices, hosts) and reports this data through both the user interface and an API. Included in this release:
- A dashboard object view component to provide IT Operations teams with the framework needed to access actionable transaction statistics, such as how many times a particular user has experienced a transaction decline.
- An application programming interface (API) that provides OEM integration partners with a way to stream transaction-based data captured by INETCO Insight to any management system console, leveraging flexible, network-based INETCO Insight collectors that can run in virtual, Cloud and SaaS environments.
- A field programmable interface that enables creation of customized statistics specific to customer’s application environments.
Managing Transaction Complexities in ATM Networks, Card Networks, and Payment Processing Environments
Self-service Evolution or Die: 5 Best Practices for Monitoring Multi-channel Retail Banking Environments
Watch this webinar hosted by INETCO that will discuss:
- The evolution of self-service banking functionality
- New challenges for IT operations and channel delivery teams
- Emerging performance management and monitoring requirements
- 5 “Best Practices” around monitoring multi-channel banking environments
Lacking the right application performance management tools will reduce your responsiveness to service level degradation and poor transaction performance, especially when many of your critical security and service applications reside in SaaS, virtual and Cloud-based environments. Learn about:
- The impact of the “exploding” transaction switch on IT Operations teams
- Best practices around isolating service and performance issues on multi-hop transaction paths
- How transaction-based application performance monitoring solutions can help you “virtualize” with confidence
Thinking Beyond the ATM – How End-to-End Transaction Visibility Improves the Consumer Experience (June 2012)
Join NCR and INETCO as they discuss:
- The growing motivation behind delivering an exceptional consumer banking experience
- Emerging challenges faced by ATM and IT operations teams when it comes to delivering a consistent consumer banking experience within an ATM network
- How to build out a performance management strategy that combines ATM performance metrics, transaction response times and real-time analytics on the consumer experience
NCR and INETCO address five common monitoring myths voiced by ATM operations teams today. Learn about new technologies and real-time transaction intelligence gathering techniques that are pushing the boundaries on business impact analysis and speed of critical problem isolation. Get a grounded reality on topics such as:
- Myth 1: ATM monitoring solutions provide information that reflects end user experience.
- Myth 2: If the ATM is up, transactions are being received and completed in a timely manner.
- Myth 3: ATM monitoring solutions provide all the information you need for fast prioritization of the fault.
- Myth 4: Transaction monitoring equates to extra traffic load on the ATM switch.
- Myth 5: End-to-end transaction intelligence is too complicated and expensive to access.
The Durbin Amendment will have a substantial technology impact on many players within the payments eco-system. This webinar explores the IT infrastructure changes needed to support multi-routing and least-cost routing options, the potential of a mandatory Chip & Pin roll-out, and whether alternative payments fall into the scope of Durbin changes.
Change can mean risky business for IT. Banks and payment processors are focused on expanding market share, new product offerings and operational efficiencies as part of their long-term survival and growth strategies. New service roll-outs, migration efforts and consolidation projects are translating into increasingly complex payment systems infrastructures, a move to modular, web-based applications, and a whole new set of IT performance challenges and operational risks.
Discover the role business transaction management (BTM) plays in managing these new, complex payments environments.
Featuring Steve McNair, Editor of TransactionDirectory.com; Juliana Cafik, Principal at Stonebridge Solutions Inc. (Former CEO of Enterprise Payment Solutions Ltd & Soft Tracks Enterprises Ltd); and Keith Austin, Independent Consultant Specializing in EFT Conversions (most recently managed the NSCU switch & banking platform conversion).
Virgin, Fidelity National Information Services and TNSi discuss their views on rising credit card interchange fees, managing increasingly complex payment infrastructures, and preparing for an escalating volume of alternative payment innovations such as prepaid gift cards, mobile, and ecommerce alternatives like PayPal and eBillMe.
Thought Leadership 2012 Series
Dr. Loki Jorgenson, an INETCO consultant and advisor, will discuss:
- How increasing diversity, abstraction and change compound the difficulty of instrumenting and performance monitoring within emerging distributed application environments
- The various IT teams and how they are affected
- Why end-to-end visibility and transaction-derived metrics are increasingly important across all IT teams
Introducing the Unified Transaction Model – Making sense of big transaction data and multi-hop transaction complexity (March 2012)
Loki Jorgenson, Ph.D., Chief Scientist at INETCO addresses the following questions:
- What is the Unified Transaction Model?
- Why should I care about UTM?
- How can it make managing a high volume transaction environment or multi-application environment easier?
Business Transaction Management (BTM) Technology Explained
Deciding where to start looking for performance issues that are affecting your online banking, bill payment, credit and debit authorization processes may often feel like you are randomly throwing darts at a dartboard. Especially if you are a bank or payment processor that is dealing with many systems and applications, built by different people, managed by different teams. Configuration of these systems can be so complicated that it takes days to track down transaction issues.
This webinar explains how automated correlation and data extraction features found in business transaction management (BTM) tools significantly increase your odds of success when it comes to troubleshooting application performance and network latencies within complex transaction environments.
Why should banks and payment processors deploy business transaction management solutions? This webinar takes a look at transaction monitoring versus component-based monitoring, and explains the importance of having complete business transaction management data at your fingertips...
To successfully ride the digital transaction data wave, payment processors need to evolve their thinking and explore new ways to monitor and access the information that has the biggest impact on customer retention and steady corporate revenue streams – the payment transaction.
Join our panel of AMQP Working Group members from INETCO, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, and Microsoft Corporation as they explain the growing momentum behind AMQP, and answer questions such as:
How is AMQP 1.0 transforming the way business is done in the Cloud and over the Internet?
Is AMQP 1.0 meant to replace existing mainstream messaging and integration technologies such as Java (JMS) and .NET (WCF)?
What OASIS means for AMQP v1.0?
How is AMQP 1.0 different than previous versions of the AMQP protocol?
Listen to the panel of key AMQP industry consortium members and analysts as they answer your questions and share their thoughts on:
The potential market impact of AMQP, and why it is superior to previous middleware integrations
- How AMQP offers practical business-to-business interoperability, freedom from proprietary lock-in and strong support from vendors
- Why it has become a surprise front-runner for passing data within cloud & high mobility infrastructures
- Real business cases validating the use of AMQP
- The current status of the AMQP specification
Monitoring Mobile, Cloud-based Applications, and Alternative Payment Applications
Explore the next generation of business transaction management (BTM) solutions specifically designed to deal with:
- A growing volume of transaction payments
- The rising complexities associated with new payment protocols and multi-hop environments
- The increasing scope of responsibility for managing the performance of third party alternative payment applications
Watch this 12-minute webinar on how the roles of merchants, payment processors, acquirers, EFT network providers and card issuers are being impacted by the emergence of alternative payments.
Jim McIntosh, INETCO’s expert in alternative payments, discusses:
- What’s NEW in alternative payments
- How PayPal continues to stay ahead of the payments adoption curve, and
- What payment processors and acquirers should be doing to prepare for the next breed of emerging payment options
Managing the End-To-End Payments Transaction Lifecycle Path
INETCO discusses how end-to-end transaction analysis can help payment processors, banks, ATM owners and large retailers gain seamless visibility into end customers, ATM and POS application performance, payment switches, card networks, third party services and back-end issuing banks. Guarantee completion of business critical transactions such as credit and debit authorization and settlement processes.
Optimizing the Performance of Your Transaction Environment
Discover how INETCO Insight helped Mark Newman of Open Solutions Canada:
- Improve efficiency of a wide variety of business processes
- Reduce the risk of downtime and fraud losses,
- Decreases overhead costs, and
- Improves customer satisfaction
Learn how BTM software helps transaction processors, ATM managers, banks, and credit unions achieve a measurable 100% ROI in less than a year through:
- Reduced risk of downtime and fraud losses at the customer, merchant, card and ATM level
- Reduced operational staff and support costs by improving the mean time to isolate and repair payment and card processing transaction problems by 30-65%
- Reduced infrastructure and communication services costs by optimizing transaction completion rates and eliminating unprofitable transactions
Balancing Exceptional Service Delivery and IT Operational Efficiencies in Economic Uncertainty (November 2008)
INETCO discusses how real-time transaction monitoring plays a strategic role in helping organizations balance improved service delivery and operational efficiencies.
Monitoring the End-Customer Experience
Listen to Kin Lee-Yow, Director of Technology Infrastructure for Moneris Solutions, present a case study on transaction monitoring and the importance of knowing how POS, ATM or other self-service payment applications are performing in the eyes of the end customer.
How Best-in-Class Organizations Guarantee the End-User Experience through Transaction Intelligence (September 2008)
Join Aberdeen Group’s Senior Analyst Bojan Simic as he discusses his latest findings from the benchmark report entitled: Application Performance Management: The Lifecycle Approach Brings IT and Business Together.
Watch this 45-minute on-demand webinar hosted by SITE Technology and INETCO that will discuss and demonstrate:
- The growing motivation behind delivering an exceptional consumer experience
- Emerging challenges faced by ATM and IT operations teams when it comes to delivering a consistent consumer experience across ATM and POS networks
- How INETCO Insight provides real-time visibility into hop-by-hop response times for every individual transaction to quickly isolate third party connection and transaction performance issues affecting the consumer experience
“Transactions that fail, slow down, queue up, or hit a bottleneck will impact business in significant ways. We would recommend that INETCO Insight become a strategic investment for any enterprise since it sits at the heart of IT management.”
Pat Cridge, Senior Manager of Operations
Open Solutions Canada