INETCO Insight Transaction-centric Application Performance Management Whitepapers
Helping you to cross the “transaction data divide”, and gain a better understanding of the positive business impact transaction monitoring and application performance management can have on both service levels and operational costs.
INETCO Insight Featured APM Whitepaper
Self-service Evolution or Die: 5 Best Practices for Monitoring Multi-channel Retail Banking Environments
Leading the self-service evolution means balancing your revenue expansion, operational risk and cost control. Every retail bank has a “multi-channel” strategy that invites consumers to access more services through a wider variety of interfaces. But it’s the true leaders that are investing in self-service banking software and transaction-based application performance monitoring solutions. Read this whitepaper to learn about
- Trends driving IT operations and service delivery channel teams to take a quantum leap in performance management tactics
- Emerging requirements for managing complex multi-channel service environments
- Five recommended Best Practices when it comes to monitoring the performance of multi-channel service delivery environments
Posted: February 2013
Written by Nicole Arksey of INETCO and Scott Chapman of American Electric Power, this whitepaper was voted "Best Paper" at the 2012 Annual Computer Measurement Group (CMG) Conference. Also the chosen recipient of the annual J. William Mullen Award, Nicole will be presenting this paper to a number of regional groups in North America, EUROTEC in the UK, and International CMG chapters around the world.
As performance analysis and capacity planners, we collect data to share with co-workers and management in order to explain and justify our technical capacity and performance recommendations. To display this data, we often create the easiest graphs and don’t consider how it is perceived. This paper discusses ways to visualize data and describes scenarios in which these visualizations should be used to transform data into useful information. We discuss common ‘mistakes’ and ways to improve your charts to better get your point across and better represent your intended message.
Posted: December 2012
INETCO Insight is a new kind of application performance monitoring software for IT operations teams. INETCO Insight’s transaction decoding, semantic correlation and statistical analysis engines can be rapidly configured to monitor any application type (custom, packaged, or industry-specific) and can simultaneously monitor hundreds of distinct applications and transaction flows. This paper will cover the following:
- Explore the key challenges in monitoring application performance from the network
- Explain how INETCO Insight overcomes these challenges
- Highlight key integration points for partners who want to enhance their products with INETCO Insight capabilities
Posted: October 2012
The focus of IT operations teams is shifting from resource consumption to service quality and the end user experience. But identifying which application or infrastructure components are responsible for poor service quality or failed business process delivery is a tough thing to do in today’s complex, diverse and fast-changing enterprise environments.
This whitepaper will answer questions such as:
- What is driving a shift in focus for IT operations teams?
- What are some of the challenging scenarios these teams face when it comes to identifying application or infrastructure components responsible for poor service quality and failed business process delivery?
- How are APM tools evolving as enterprise environments continue to change and IT operations teams become more application- and end userfocused?
- How does INETCO Insight help IT operations teams managing today’s complex, diverse and fast-changing enterprise environments
Posted: September 2012
According to a recent study done by research analyst firm Quocirca, 2012 is to be declared the 'Year of APM'. Of the CIOs polled, 82% believed users' expectations of interface response times continue to define application performance. On the other hand, 43% of those CIOs did not believe that their companies would be able to provide the level of performance expected with their current APM capabilities.
This whitepaper will discuss:
- How increasing diversity, abstraction and change compound the difficulty of instrumenting and performance monitoring within emerging distributed application environments
- The various IT teams and how they are affected
- Why end-to-end visibility and transaction-derived metrics are increasingly important across all IT teams
Posted: July 2012
You could have the best ATM fleet in the business, equipped with a robust set of service offerings and multi-channel options. But without the ability to manage the performance of your end-to-end ATM network in a timely, cost effective manner, your consumer’s banking experience is still at risk of being tainted by transaction performance issues.
This complimentary whitepaper written by NCR and INETCO will discuss:
- The growing motivation behind delivering an exceptional consumer banking experience
- The challenges and emerging performance management requirements of ATM and IT Operations teams tasked with delivering a consistent consumer banking experience
- How a combined ATM and business transaction management solution provides the end-to-end visibility needed to address emerging performance management requirements and improve the consumer experience
Posted: June 2012
This whitepaper introduces INETCO's Unified Transaction Model (UTM), a hierarchical data model that helps to do two things:
- Show the correlation or “unification” of multi-step transactions across distributed applications
- Profile the real-time network, application and customer experience metrics for each of these transactions.
This model, used within the INETCO Insight transaction-centric appication performance monitoring software, gives IT operations and application service managers an organized, holistic view into all things that affect transaction performance, making it faster and easier to isolate problems within large transactional data sets.
Posted: February 2012
Agent vs Agentless: Extending the Debate to Transaction-centric Application Performance Monitoring Solutions
IT groups are still trying to figure out the best way to manage increasingly complex business transaction environments. This whitepaper was written to help IT operations and application support teams find clarity on:
The differences between agent and agentless application performance monitoring systems
The pros and cons associated with these various data gathering techniques and how they relate to your desired monitoring scope
The emergence of business transaction management (BTM) and how it extends traditional application performance management capabilities
- How agentless transaction-centric APM extends monitoring boundaries and simplifies the management of applications located in distributed enterprise environments
Posted: September 2011
Adopting the BTM Point of View – A holistic approach to monitoring distributed, multi-hop enterprise application environments
Once-localized application systems are now distributed across inter-connected data centers, call centers, external third party services, virtual and Cloud-based environments. These complex “multi-hop” environments are giving way to a number of new transaction management and application performance management challenges that traditional tools are not built to handle.
This whitepaper will help to:
Identify the new application performance management requirements emerging within distributed, complex, multi-hop transaction environments, such as payments systems.
Understand what transaction-centric application performance management solutions are, and their role within complex multi-hop environments.
- Discover a more efficient way to obtain the real-time visibility and granular transaction intelligence needed to eliminate transaction blind spots, manage multiple third party connections and off-premise networks, and monitor inter-application communications.
Posted: September 2011
This discussion paper outlines some of the major technology changes that are imminent with the approval of the Durbin Amendment. It addresses the following three questions:
- What technology changes need to be made to support multi-routing and least-cost routing options?
- Will lower interchange rates push the retail industry towards Chip & Pin?
- Should Alternative Payments be considered in the scope of Durbin changes?
Posted: April 2011
Paving the Way to Risk-free Change: A Guide to Consolidating IT Systems & Rolling Out New Services in a Payment Processing Environment
This whitepaper outlines an IT planning and implementation checklist around new application deployments, service roll-outs and M&A activities that will help IT operations successfully manage ongoing change and oversee the day-to-day performance of their critical transaction environments.
The IT checklist will help your team decide how best to mitigate the service risk associated with payment systems and customer service before, during and after new service roll-outs, migrations or consolidation projects take place.
Posted: August 2010
Is your current monitoring strategy missing critical information that could make, break or optimize your business?
This whitepaper takes a deep dive into internal and external factors shaping IT priorities within a payment transaction and processing environment. It examines existing application performance management and network monitoring strategies today, and outlines five unique key performance indicators that you could gain through transaction-centric application performance monitoring.
Posted: June 2010
Cover Your Assets: Protect the Success of your New Payments Service with a Combined IT and Line-of-Business Perspective
Is that new service or application your organization's next big thing or the straw that broke the camel's back?
Use this new initiatives checklist and learn how to manage application performance and maximize your success by asking the right questions and building a holistic plan with your key partner — the IT group — to ensure a positive customer experience.
Posted: October 2009
Reducing Fixed Overhead Costs: Business Transaction Management (BTM) for ATM, POS and Card Processing Environments
Increased operational complexity during a period of cost restraint means IT and operations departments need ways to shift from multiple monitoring and point management tools to a consolidated, proactive approach that provides precise detailed intelligence at their fingertips.
This white paper will help you build a strong business case for the strategic implementation of business transaction management (BTM) software. Discover 10 ways to drive down IT operational costs and realize an ROI within 12 months.
Posted: April 2009
Steering Clear of IT Pitfalls: Mapping Your Way to Enterprise-wide Visibility into Real-time Applications with Transaction-centric Application Performance Monitoring
As retail architectures transform from the traditional offline, batch model to an online, real-time, cross-channel model, everyone from the CIO to the helpdesk needs to gain enterprise-wide visibility into every customer contact point (e-commerce, point-of-sale, mobile, etc.).
This white paper outlines a pragmatic roadmap to monitoring what really matters — the customer experience. Learn how IT operations can deliver consistent tactical wins with demonstrable ROI, while executing against the broader strategic goal of enterprise-wide visibility into every customer contact point.
Posted: November 2008
“INETCO has delivered with a product that provides the total transaction visibility required to maximize ATM uptime.”
Neil Cook, Director of EFT Technology
Fidelity National Information Services