Job Posting for Senior Analytics Consultant
Posted: January 17th, 2017
INETCO Professional Services
Job Profile: Senior Analytics Consultant
INETCO is looking for an Analytics Consultant that will consult to INETCO customers on our Analytics product. We are looking for people with strong backgrounds in Analytics and Business Intelligence for Big Data to work as part of the INETCO Professional Services team to analyze customer requirements and implement solutions based on our INETCO Analytics product.
The Senior Analytics Consultant will work as part of a dynamic team, analyzing, designing and implementing analytics solutions for INETCO Analytics customers, more specifically:
- Work as part of a team, and conduct detailed research and analysis of defined business problems and prepare solutions to satisfy existing and future needs.
- Develop and maintain ETL services, interactive dashboards, and reports.
- Collect, cleanse and load large data sets necessary to support an analysis.
- Model data and metadata for ad hoc and canned reporting.
- Meet with customers, listen to their business domain needs, and apply analytics in pursuit of answers.
- Responsible for analysis of big data and application of business domain knowledge.
- Works with others to develop, refine, and scale big data solutions and analytics procedures, systems, workflows.
- Provide estimates for allocated work items and participate in project estimation. Regularly report progress on allocated work including issues that threaten the quality or timeliness of the work.
- Continually improve knowledge of the Professional Services and Product team by reading books, blogs and websites and subsequently disseminating the knowledge amongst the company.
- Act as an analytics domain expert for the areas of responsibility.
- A driving passion for consulting, research, user interfaces, workflow, and deep-dive analysis.
- University degree in Computer Science, Cognitive Sciences, Human Computer Interaction or equivalent technical certification.
- 4+ years’ experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence.
- Practical scripting (e.g. Python) experience.
- Strong data analysis experience.
- Good planning and organizational abilities with the ability to work well in pressure situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to create and follow requirements, design, and interface documents is vital.
- Proactive about learning new technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server and Linux O/S’s
- A knowledge of networking protocols is a definite asset.
- Experience with Tableau and other Business intelligence tools
- Experience with Hadoop and related technologies, SQL and other data platforms
- Practical Java or C++ experience is a definite asset.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Senior Analytics Consultant in the subject line. Please include a cover letter that outlines why you will be a good fit for this role. Any resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.