Latest release of application performance monitoring software correlates enterprise service transactions across distributed application architectures without agents, extra traffic loads or code changes
Vancouver, Canada – May 29, 2013 – INETCO Systems Limited, a leading provider of network-based application performance monitoring (APM) software, today announced the release of INETCO Insight 5.3. This release contains new features that make it easier and faster for IT operations teams to isolate enterprise service issues in service-oriented architecture (SOA) applications deployed within private, public, and hybrid cloud environments. Version 5.3 is available for testing and purchase immediately.
“The application performance monitoring business is in the process of being reinvented by new vendors who are building new products that meet the new requirements of managing applications in virtualized and cloud based environments,” said Bernd Harzog, Principal Analyst at The Virtualization Practice for Performance and Capacity Management and IT as a Service. “INETCO is translating its strength in network-based application performance monitoring into a compelling, cloud ready offering with INETCO Insight 5.3.”
INETCO Insight 5.3 takes a fresh, lightweight approach to monitoring critical consumer devices and business applications running within distributed application environments. The software offers visibility into how all parts of a customer’s enterprise system are performing by tracking the entire lifecycle of every enterprise service transaction without the use of agents, extra traffic loads, or code changes. Building on the core INETCO Insight 5 capabilities, new features include:
- Scalable data collection capabilities – INETCO Insight 5.3 can capture transaction traffic from thousands of distributed collection points that are on or off the enterprise network. These collection points can be network-based (i.e. listening to SPAN ports) or host-based (i.e. a low level operating system service). This allows INETCO Insight to provide visibility into environments where network TAPs or SPAN ports are unavailable, and to isolate critical application traffic in high speed 10G and 40G environments.
- Patent-pending, real-time transaction correlation system – INETCO Insight 5.3 can re-assemble multi-hop, multi-step business transactions in real-time using simple user-defined rules. INETCO Insight’s business transaction correlation capabilities now work within Cloud-based architectures, and rival that of any agent-based or tag and trace transaction monitoring software.
- Mobile alerting interface – IT operations teams can identify and isolate critical transaction issues from anywhere using their Android, iOS or Blackberry mobile or tablet device. INETCO Insight 5.3 ships with a free HTML 5 client optimized for smartphone/tablet screens.
- Expanded protocol decode libraries – INETCO Insight’suniversal decoding engine now supports hundreds more network, Internet, transport, application layer and proprietary protocols to monitor every application in production, irrespective of source and deployment. Supported application and network protocol types include:
- IP, TCP (v4 and v6), UDP and other network layer protocols
- HTTP, HTML, SOAP, XML, and other “Internet” protocols
- AMQP, CLNP, TPDU, NIST, SQL, and other transport layer protocols
- ISO 8583, FIX, IFX, OFX, VISA, NCR/NDC+, Diebold, Triton and other application layer protocols both within and external to the financial industry X.25, SNA, Bisync, dial, and other “legacy” communications protocols
“With INETCO Insight 5.3, IT operations teams dealing with more and more enterprise services running across distributed application architectures and third party networks can now track each individual transaction as it passes through any infrastructure environment,” says Bijan Sanii, President and CEO of INETCO. “This fresh, lightweight approach to application performance monitoring yields 65-75 percent faster problem resolution and removes the risk of application failure or slowdowns going undetected when our customers opt for more cost effective environments such as virtual data centers or the Cloud.”
To learn more about APM strategies for a rapidly changing data center landscape, sign up for your complimentary whitepaper and attend a 45 minute webinar on June 6th (10am PDT), with guest speaker Bernd Harzog, Principal Analyst at The Virtualization Practice.
INETCO Systems Limited provides a new kind of network-based application performance monitoring solutions to IT operations that are looking for a faster, non-invasive way to identify application and infrastructure bottlenecks and ensure optimal service and business process delivery within their production environments. INETCO’s solutions are currently deployed in over 50 different countries. Happy INETCO Insight partners and customers include a variety of global companies spanning the banking, retail, healthcare, travel, telecommunications and payment processing markets.