Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (NYSE:FIS) is one of the world’s largest global providers dedicated to banking and payments technologies. FIS has processing and technology relationships with 40 of the top 50 global banks, and serves more than 14,000 financial institutions in over 100 countries. A member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index and consistently holding a lead ranking in the annual FinTech 100 list, FIS maintains a strong singular focus: helping their customers succeed.
Due to a number of global mergers and increasing payment channel complexities, it has become more challenging for the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Network and Operations teams at FIS to manage their complex payment processing solutions. These systems are often composed of multi-tier environments involving network equipment, web servers, application servers, and database servers. They span multiple technologies, architectures, platforms, and applications types, and include a mixture of homegrown, legacy, third-party, and web based applications.
In the face of this growing complexity, the EFT Network and Operations teams decided it was time to evaluate its existing monitoring tools and troubleshooting processes.
INETCO Insight has been deployed as the “first resort” problem isolation tool by the EFT Network and Operations teams to help them oversee the processing of all ATM and POS payment transactions. It provides a consolidated, “one stop” view into application performance, network delays and transaction-level messages and timings. Visibility into the performance of each customer’s end-to-end payments environment helps FIS package solutions and services that cater to specific processing needs.
INETCO Insight’s real-time event alerting, reporting, data mining and trend analysis capabilities also make it possible to proactively identify issues such as network latency, authorization denials, out-of-service POS/ATMs, and suspicious transaction activity. Advanced filters provide detailed information such as whether high denial rates are based on card type or specific customer environments.
INETCO Insight has helped FIS to:
- Reduce the increasing amount of manual time and support costs spent piecing together fragmented information and reduce average mean time to repair (MTTR) by up to 50-65%
- Consolidate their network and application monitoring tools environment and forward critical transaction performance alerts into NCR’s Gasper Vantage ATM management system
- Decrease the number of in-bound customer service complaints
- Reduce the number of incomplete transaction settlements and “extra day” preauthorization holds placed on end customer accounts
- Eliminate dependency on costly internal developer groups for network and application performance intelligence