Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. (NASDAQ: JKHY) is a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services for the financial services industry. Servicing over 11,300 customers throughout the United States, the JHA Payment Processing Solutions® group is primed to:
- Expand its customer base without increased risk of service disruption
- Improve first call resolution rates
- Access transaction intelligence without need for manual intervention
- Proactively identify transaction performance issues
- Simplify the monitoring of its complex, multi-hop IT environment
A rapidly expanding customer base and acquisition of other payment processing solutions has required the JHA Payment Processing Solutions group to manage growing transaction volumes, multiple switch platforms, and a greater number of service applications. With increasing complexity leading to greater risk of service disruptions, JHA discovered that relying on legacy solutions meant that many hours of manual intervention would be required as:
- Multiple teams (network engineering, IT operations, and applications support groups) would need to investigate their respective processes
- Customers had to be involved in scheduled scoping activities to gather fragmented trace and application performance data
- The manual intervention, trace efforts, and customer consent required to troubleshoot potential issues meant transaction performance problems and excessive time-outs could not be identified in real-time
JHA decided it was time to replace its standard application tracing tools, streamline its intelligence gathering activities and adopt a more proactive IT management approach.
JHA implemented INETCO Insight® real-time transaction monitoring and analytics software to provide an acute display of every transaction – a window into the real-time performance of multiple applications, systems, and networks.
INETCO Insight makes it easy to identify challenging transaction patterns that impact service reliability and the customer experience. Live transaction traffic is grouped and displayed by acquirers, issuing banks, card type, switch, ATM or POS terminal IDs, or customer locations. The JHA Payment Processing Solutions group can now continuously monitor connections to financial institutions, keep a close watch on “transaction per second” volumes and load balancing during peak traffic times, and analyze traffic volume percentages of one network versus another.
INETCO Insight has helped Jack Henry & Associates:
- Ensure smooth service migration and guarantee continuous ATM and POS driving
- Improve first call resolution rates and speed up problem resolution times
- Reduce network engineering and applications support costs with improved operational efficiency